Professional meetings/conference presentations
- Acker, S. & Murphy, B. (October 16, 2009) Student Success: Does eLearning experience in high school translate into college success in distance education courses? To be presented at the Youngstown State University Distance Learning Conference. http://www.ysu.edu/distancelearning/index_conf.htm
- McCain, T., Acker, S., & Ingman, E. (November 16-17, 2009) 21st Century Skills and ePortfolios: Building Expertise for the Future. To be presented to the Ohio Association of Public Charter Schools conference, http://www.oapcs.org/
- McCain, T., Ingman, E. (November, 18-19 2009) 21st Century Skills and Electronic Portfolios at The Charles School at Ohio Dominican University – Disruptive Innovation at Work. To be presented at Ohio School Improvement Institute, http://www.hstwohioregions.org/page.cfm?ID=93
- McCain, T., Acker, S., Butsko, M., & Ingman, E. (June 30-July 2). 21st Century Skills and ePortfolio Workshops (4 total). Presented to the Middle College National Consortium. Jersey City, New Jersey. (164)
- Acker, S. (May 14-16, 2009). Validating ePortfolio rubrics. Workshop of the American Association of Colleges and Universities. Portland, OR.
- Acker, S., Hakel, M., & Unger, P (March 2, 2009). ePortfolios: Their construction, use, and assessment. Presented to the Learning, Libraries, and Technology Conference, Columbus, OH. (
- Acker, S., Ingman, E., Zachariah, S. & Wolowiec, M (February 3, 2009). 21st Century Skills- Building student competencies through University K-12 Partnerships. Presented to the 2009 eTechOhio Technology for Learning Conference, Columbus, OH. (50)
- Kutnow, J. & Murphy, B. , McCain, T., Acker, S. (January 29, 2009) 21st Century Skills and ePortfolios: Building Expertise for the Future.. Presented to the OAPCS Annual Conference. Worthington, OH. (45)
- Acker, S. & McCain, T. (July 29, 2008). ePortfolios in a 21st Century Skills Curriculum. Presented to the Ohio Learning Network Authentic Learning for 21st Century Students: E-Portfolio Day Conference. Columbus, OH. (120)
- Acker, S., Englehard, C. Ramsey, M., Pohl, J. & Powell, B. (July 29, 2008). Talking Points: Student Panel Weighs in on E-Portfolio Use. Presented to the Ohio Learning Network Authentic Learning for 21st Century Students: E-Portfolio Day Conference. Columbus, OH.
Presentations/consultations to professional education organizations
(approximate audience size)
- McCain, T., Acker, S., Murphy, B. (May 29, 2009). Dissemination Grant and ePortfolio Interim Report. Presented to the Ohio Department of Education. Columbus, OH. (5)
- McCain, T., Murphy, B., Addison, D., & Ingman, E. (March 31, 2009). Skills for the 21st Century with ePortfolios. Presented to Educational Service Center of Central Ohio, Columbus, OH. (16)
- McCain, T., Acker, S., & Ingman, E. (March 9, 2009). Dissemination Grant and ePortfolio Interim Report. Presented to the Ohio Department of Education. Columbus, OH. (7)
- McCain, T. & Acker, S. (January 13, 2009). Use of ePortfolio for assessment. Presented to Stark County Educational Service Center. Canton, OH. (18)
- Acker, S. (October 20, 2008). OSP and Sakai: Tools for a 21st Century Skills ePortfolio. Presented to the Committee on ePortfolio at Miami University. Oxford, OH. (8)
- Acker, S. & McCain, T. (August 5, 2008). ePortfolio: Implementation and use in a 21st Century Skills Curriculum. Presented to the University of Dayton ePortfolio Assessment Taskforce. Dayton, OH. (12)
Other Dissemination Activities
- Acker, S., McCain, T, & Ingman, E. Ohio Dominican University Education 585: Special Topics 21st Century Skills and ePortfolios: Preparing high school students for their futures. Graduate course for the Ohio Dominican University Summer term, 2009.
Technology developments in Sakai w/ Mike Butsko and Longsight Communications.
- Evaluation Tool
- Report Tool
- ePortfolio Style sheets and design
Other Current ePortfolio projects/pubs by CELLT Associates
- Acker, S. (March, 2008). A Day of Dialogue about Electronic Portfolios in California Audience: California Faculty and Administrators interested in use and implementation of ePortfolios.
- Acker, S. (2008). Diffusing ePortfolios in Organizational Settings in Electronic Portfolios 2.0 (eds. Darren Cambridge, Barbara Cambridge, Kathleen Yancey). Sterling, Va.: Stylus Publishing.
- Acker, S. & Halasek, K. (2008) Preparing High School Students for College-Level Writing: Using ePortfolio to Support a Successful Transition . Journal of General Education 57(1)- 1-23.
- The Association for Authentic, Experiential and Evidence-Based Learning. http://www.aaeebl.org/
- The Ohio Alliance for Public Charter Schools http://www.oapcs.org/
- Middle College National Consortium http://www.mcnc.us/